by Kosher Casual Team | Jan 2, 2018 | exercise outfits, Holiday Shopping, Holidays, workout clothing
It’s that time of year again, when some of us are inspired to make the coming year, a better one. Some of us are tired of setting lofty goals only to see ourselves fail come February. Well, it’s easy to be critical of the New Year’s Resolution, but at Kosher Casual, we salute the effort and intention! Therefore, we’ve put together some ideas on how to help you achieve your New Year’s Resolutions.
- Choose ONE resolution. There are so many ways each and every one can “improve”, but the best way to climb the mountain is to just choose one mountain. This year prioritize your goals and identify the one that is most frustrating and most achievable, the one that drives you the craziest.
- If you didn’t choose a New Year’s Resolution, it’s not too late! Just because New Year’s Eve has come and gone, doesn’t mean the chance at self-improvement has too. Take some time and make that difference starting immediately.
- Stay away from previous “resolutions”. This year tackle something new, something that won’t make it easy to fall into the same habit of giving up. Choose something that can change your life today and will encourage you to take on previous resolutions once you’ve achieved and devoured this one.
- A New Year’s Resolution is personal. Don’t base your goal on what your friends, coworkers and family are doing. This resolution is about you, so dig deep and get personal.
- Outline the steps. Make this resolution attainable by setting time-based steps. Create levels of growth and focus on one part at a time. Often, when you can visualize the entire path, reaching the finish line is more feasible.
- Share your resolution. Tell your friends and family what your resolution is so as to make yourself accountable. By offering this information to your everyday peers, they can help to encourage and keep you on track.
- Remind yourself why you’re doing this. Add mental reminders a part of your morning routine. Wakeup, brush your teeth, tell the girl in the mirror that today is the day! If morning groggy head gets in the way, get sticky notes and add them to your path through the house.
- Add a reward system. Remember those new pointy flats you wanted so badly, well, their yours if you get halfway to destination resolution
- Pick up the pencil and make it concrete. Writing out your plans and goals will make it more real and help you focus on each step without getting overwhelmed by the overall goal.
- Finally, expect to falter. Allow yourself setbacks and don’t let them throw you off the deep-end. When you allow yourself to be human and recognize that it’s part of the process, you are less likely to quit.
So whether you’re finally going to tackle that nail biting habit or make journaling a regular part of your day, know that we’re rooting for you!
Happy New Year from the Kosher Casual Team!
* In the event your New Year’s resolution has anything to do with fitness, check out our line of modest workout gear! Skirts with leggings attached at different lengths and color combinations, see it here.
by admin | Jan 12, 2015 | Cardigan, Dress, Layering shirts, Layering Tops, Long Sleeve Tops, modest clothing, Modest Fashion, Tunic Tops, Winter
Some women love it when the mercury drops, because it gives them a chance to wear those heavy-duty sweaters that only come out of the closet during the coldest months of the year.
I make my clothing decisions based on both modesty, and on my personal fashion sense. Personally, I feel prettier when my clothes offer a sleek, feminine line. And guess what? Despite the red-carpet images sold to us by Madison Avenue and Hollywood – shivering celebrities in barely-there evening gowns come to mind – we women can dress fashionably in winter… and stay warm!
Women’s Tunic Top – Short Front Long Back
Let’s go from the bottom up. Modest dressers can stay toasty by relying on three-quarter and long-sleeved shell tops. These items – which, during the summer months, help bridge the gap between an outfit’s too-low necklines or too-short sleeves, and our desired coverage level – do double-duty in winter. Not only do they keep us cozy and warm, they can also add a fashionable dash of color.
When choosing what to go on top of that first layer, I like to reach for something with a graceful, interesting shape – like an unbalanced hemline or mullet cut tunic. Both these tops look great over a boot-length skirt.
Loose Knit Cardigan with Pockets
Topping it Off
There are lots of fashion-conscious options for top layers (not to be confused with outerwear; see below) in winter. From open-front cardigans to belted sweaters, they give me a modestly feminine shape, while keeping me warm.
Of course, winter weather requires a winter coat. But if you’re like me, while you don’t want to freeze, you don’t want to look like the Michelin Man, either. High-tech fabrics like Thinsulate keep the bulk down, so making belted outerwear a pretty option. So ladies, remember: whatever the forecast, think fashion!
by admin | Dec 7, 2014 | Basic Skirts, Basic Tops, Christmas, Dress, Fashion Must-Haves, Gift Certificate, Gifts, Hannukah, Holiday Shopping, Holidays, Jewelry, Little Black Dress
The holiday season is a bonanza for business, with the media making darned sure that everyone feels a guilty responsibility: To buy gifts and to make ‘em good.
Face it: gift buying success is not an exact science. What’s more, when the female target of your gift purchases – whether it’s a family member, a friend, or a colleague from work – is a difficult “fit”, we can find ourselves roaming the aisles, either empty handed, or worse, with our hands full of gifts that are sure to go right to the back of the closet. Or back to the store.
Here are some thoughts to guide you on your girl-oriented gift-giving adventures.
(1) It’s winter. Think cozy.
You don’t have to be headed for a ski resort to appreciate the warmth that’s expressed by seasonal dressing. In the winter months, everybody loves an extra layer, and outerwear is a risk-free choice; whether it’s a casual sweatshirt or a camel’s wool coat, it doesn’t have to match any particular outfit. For a low-budget option, remember: winter scarves, hats and gloves are a colorful, girl-friendly gift, and a classic expression of seasonal affection.
Women’s Loose Fitting, Raglan Style Shirt – Perfect ‘Basic’ for your Wardrobe
(2) Basics rock!
Did you know that the girl who has everything has something in common with the fussiest recipient on your list? It’s true: both have limited bandwidth for appreciating your creative shopping efforts. So why fight it? A sure-fire way to please both these categories is to concentrate on blue-chip, tried-and-true basics. Complement the wardrobe these women already have by choosing high-quality tops, bottoms and layering pieces in easy-to-match colors.
(3) You can never own too much…
…jewelry. Diamonds may be a girl’s best friend, but if the real stuff is out of your price range, try browsing your local department store racks for fun – and fake – pieces that can liven up any look.
Kosher Casual’s Little Black Dress
(4) Dare to buy a dress
Yes, it can be done. Keep your eyes out for classic styles that are not too fussy in the details, yet say “holiday” all the way to the hem. For example, imagine an unstructured dress in a solid-color… that’s the kind of foolproof, one-size-fits-all gift dress that is sure to be appreciated, because it can be dressed up and accessorized, creating a starting point for a personal fashion statement.
(5) And if you despair…
Don’t. Gift certificates may sound like a cop-out, but allowing the girl on your gift list to do her own shopping might be the greatest gift of all!